Started pinning up a couple of sketches (I did on A6 papers) in my workstation last year and people who came by and marvelled at them told me how surprise they were to see stuff like that from me. However, these skills often needs improvement as told by my lecturer. My heart always skipped a beat when I thought of attending her class. Yet I looked forward to hearing her comments all the time.
As a child, I never enjoyed art lessons. I hated art lessons especially during kindergarden and forced my parents to withdraw me from the numerous art classes they had signed me up for at the community centres after attending just one or two lessons. Of course I never knew they had to pay for all those classes in advance. By the way, I was tricked into attending these classes because my mom never told me where she was bringing me to. And I ended up drawing stuff like this at the art classes:
Similarly, primary and secondary school teachers don't care much too as long as I hand in my work. This, I'm sure many agree. That's why I never forget the things this art teacher, whom I met at a ripe old age of twenty-one, said to me on our last lesson. After all the constructive comments, she top them up with a distinction which keeps me motivated even though, after a few colouring lessons, I had not mastered my colouring skills at all.