I wrote this entry a few days ago and figured that i should post it up since my posts are already boring anyway. Reading my entries, I've noticed, how many times have i said the word "I"? Doesn't my life include any other people?
- 30 Dec 2008
I've finally come to realise that reading IS a HOBBY of mine and it's the only thing I know exactly what i love and what i won't. Even though i know what i want, there are still times where i may buy the wrong books...
Well... not that i want to but you never know how good a book is just looking at the cover right? And the first few pages really doesn't count too - just like meeting people -but i have to say it helps on the choosing part lah.
Before this, i could list out the genres which i'll never touch - (but i dont have the guts to write them out here now, who knows one of those might be the next book i want). Why? Because just recently, a book review on the internet made me went frantically after a fictional book about the life of a "modern witch" - one of those i thought i'll never read. As part of this hobby also involves hanging around bookstores, my last trip prompted me to buy a (literally) comical book on romance, another which i'll never touch.
Maybe my circle of "acceptable" literature has widen. Just yesterday, I spent the whole night watching 'Twilight', and then, i considered, maybe, I would read the book too. You see, out of the blue, i did the unexpected and well... Okay, back to my point, i just find myself becoming more unpredictable these days. Even i can't figure out what I really want now. The times when i choose to guard my mindset to stay strong-headed on something had obviously past without my own knowledge.