Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Jenny.
She was like any other girl, except for one thing,
She was like any other girl, except for one thing,
she always wore a green ribbon around her neck.
There was a boy named Alfred in her class.
Alfred liked Jenny and Jenny liked Alfred.
Alfred liked Jenny and Jenny liked Alfred.
One day he asked her,
"Why do you always wear the green ribbon around your neck?"
"I cannot tell you." She replied.
But Alfred continued to ask,
But Alfred continued to ask,
"Why?"
Jenny would say, "It's not important."
Jenny would say, "It's not important."
Jenny and Alfred grew up and fell in love.
One day they got married. After their wedding, Alfred said,
"Now that we are married, you must tell me why you wear the green ribbon around your neck." "You still must wait." Jenny answered,
"I'll tell you when the time is right."
"I'll tell you when the time is right."
Years passed. Alfred and Jenny grew old.
One day Jenny became ill.
The doctor told her she was going to die.
Jenny called Alfred to her side.
"Alfred," she began,
"It is time to tell you about the ribbon I wear around my neck. Untie it and you will see why I could not tell you before."
Slowly and carefully,
Alfred untie the green ribbon Jenny wore around her neck.
And Jenny's head fell off.
My favourite childhood story of all time.
Hee!!
After searching the internet, I managed to find the author of this story - Alvin Schwartz.
After searching the internet, I managed to find the author of this story - Alvin Schwartz.